These are the processes to run whenever gem in remote server:
- Install the whenever gem
- Write your scheduler.rb file
- Push to the remote server
- Login to the remote server (for example with ssh)
- See if whenever is good uploaded by running in terminal: whenever . You can see the following type result if whenever is uploaded.
- Update whenever crontab by running: whenever –update-crontab
- Restart the server crontab (for example in Ubuntu server): sudo service cron restart
- Check if crontab is good implemented on the server: crontab -l. You can see the following type result after whenever implemented.